Wednesday 10 March 2010

One part finished

I must apologise for the continued grainy photos, I'm afraid I lost my camera and have therefor been using my phone camera.

I spent my third day on Spurn collecting and organising yet more stones as well as taking out half of those in the cages and reorganising, this time however I concentrated on smaller more interestingly patterned stones. I needed the smaller stones to fill in the gaps and holes left by using to many over sized ones.

I managed to complete two of the four cages and also position and part fill the second two cages. The weather was indifferent with a slight moment of rain but apart from this it fluctuated between wind cloud and sun.





I was satisfied by the end result of the first two cages and with a small bit of extra work with smaller stones filling in holes and with a couple of weeks with some heavy rain to wash the stone work clean I think the piece will slowly start to take on some life.

I left a number of stones still piled up on the grass, as at the very end of the day my back gave a telling sharp pain that Ive learned is a warning to stop otherwise spend a week limping or worse.




I managed to squeeze 25 hours hard work out of my 2 full days on the point and I need to carry on at this pace if I am to achieve all that I have set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment