Friday 5 March 2010

How not to use a knife safely



I managed to cut my hand rather badly two weeks ago (5 stitches photo taken 10 days after accident) and so had to cancel my last trip to Spurn. I am now somewhat behind schedule but hopefully this is nothing that cant be made up with a bit of hard work.




I spent today building a plinth ready for the railway chairs to be sat on. I also took the opportunity of finishing the gold leafing of the sandblasted chair while my hand was injured last week.





I have also done some more research into the metal work for the stands and have got the final price down considerably. I will put these into fabrication at the end of this month ready to put on the point at the beginning of next month so that they will have several weeks on site before an official unveiling.




I spent a bit of (injured handed ) time compiling a satellite view of spurn made from Google map photos pieced together. I hope to tie this in (when complete) with the situating of work and also as a general purpose map/ guide for visitors. This is ongoing and the image below is unfinished (by some way)

Tomorrow I will be with my son and friends in London all day and then first thing on Sunday morning I will head to Spurn. I cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment