Sunday 4 April 2010

Straight up start up

Left London at 6.30am and headed north. After a couple of minor stops to refuel myself and the van I got to Spurn at 11, met Andrew ant the gate had a good chat in the spring sunshine and took the keys for the lighthouse. Andrew ind=formed that Adrian (previous artist) was on the Point but unfortunately I missed him.

Once at the light hose I swept out the lower level and then unloaded the van. Andrew arrived with two barrels of water and then went upstairs to lock off the stairway to the top.

I spent the next six hours making three casts and chatting to around two dozen people who all wanted to come in and have a look around. Everyone from families to foreigners to scousers. The last in the list asking me not to let any Everton supporters in (class).

I took a look up at the low light room in the tower and its perfect for the gabion light as its smaller than downstairs (obviously) and also painted in black, so I just need to block out the window light. At 6.30 I packed up and headed for the farm, where Andrew was in the Kitchen chatting with the owners Sue and Andrew. I turned down a cuppa in order to get out to the pub and a dinner that bit sooner.

Tomorrow will be a slog, but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment