Friday 8 January 2010

Snow Joke



The weather is terrible and not getting any better, its been difficult getting around London on foot and not much better in the van. I spent 10 hours in the studio between yesterday and today. I managed to clear everything up as well as unload the van and a load of equipment that I brought back down form the north.



yesterday I managed to get two of the railway sleeper shoes to a metal working company who will shot blast them clean ready for me to pick up next week before going back to work.

I had my metal delivered and started work drilling holes and measuring up. I need to buy some heavy duty tools. Hacksaws and files as well as new metal drill bits to complete the job on Sunday. On Monday I will drop the finished metal off with a welder and get the work done during the week.



I have been looking around for metal picture frames and I am finding it difficult to locate something close to what I'm looking for. most frames come in at around £30 and I'm not finding it easy to locate any frames that are anything other than a square box profile. I shall persevere however and also look at wooden frames. Maybe wood will be better and if vandalised made easily replaceable?



Anyway all stuff to think about. This week coming I will be ordering some Gabions ready to take with me back to Spurn. I need a new camera as well as Ive given mine to James (my son) for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment